Parker Chomerics SOFT-SHIELD® 1000 series high durability gaskets are made of urethane foam wrapped in a fine knitted wire mesh (Monel or Ferrex) and are meant for low compression force, electronic enclosure sealing applications where weather sealing is not a requirement.
Monel is a nickel-copper alloy per QQ-N-201. Ferrex is a Parker Chomerics-created tin-plated, copper-clad, steel wire per ASTM B-520. The wire mesh has a 0.0035-inch diameter and a wire density of 10-15 courses per inch of length (CPI).
SOFT-SHIELD® 1000 is available in 7 standard rectangular cross sections and is supplied either on rolls or cut to length. These gaskets are available with an acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) option for quick, efficient application.
Features and Benefits:
• 70 dB EMI shielding across range of frequencies from 20 MHz to 10 GHz
• 0.35 lb./inch closure force
• 10-15% compression set at 25% deflection
• UL 94HF-1 flammability rated
• Maintains performance after 10,000 compression cycles
• 0.93% moisture absorption
• Broad compression range (35% ± 20%)
• Operating temperature of -40°F to 158°F
• Indoor electronic enclosures
WIDTH (INCH): 24
SHIELDING EFFECTIVENESS (DB): 95
TENSILE STRENGTH (MPA): 0.07
MEETS CERTIFICATIONS: HF-1